People who think Ben is cool

Followers from Facebook

Search This Blog

You're number:

free web page hit counter

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the Digital Kit "Stella" by Michelle Underwood Designs

Order a Breathe Easy Mask here!

Get diapers sent to your home!

Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code MARG9177
$49 min. total order
buy diapers
shop diapers.comdiapers.com  baby store

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Expanding Vocabulary

Ben is talking more and more everyday. I’m so glad we didn’t go ahead with ST! It would have been just one more thing for us to add into our schedule and I’m glad we decided to give him extra time.

Ben is probably up to 20+ words these days. Some words he’ll just say out of the blue and Ryan and I will look at each other and say, “did he just say ____?” The other day, we were walking around down town and stopped in front of a store window. There was a cake on display and Ben pointed to the cake and said, “cake.” Now, I have no idea where he learned the word cake! I’m not usually a baker, especially not during the summer months, and when I do bake it’s a cake-from-a-box. I am no competition for Martha Stewart. I had hoped to be one of those mom’s that had fresh cookies waiting for her kids when they came home from school every day but as it goes, Ryan and I would eat them before the kids got home, ha!

I have finally graduated from “Mom” to “Mommy” and it warms my heart to hear him say it- except at 3 o’clock in the morning. Ryan is still holding steady with “Dad”, Sailor (our cat) is still “meow”, and every time we see a train it’s “boose” (caboose). I hope ben will continue to add more and more words until he’s speaking full sentences. We’ll just see!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all of his "Ben-isms" in the next few months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Ben and Madeline understand each other because she is the SAME way. She says lots of words but no sentences. Just recently she has started to increase her vocab too. They really have a mind of their own. We opted out of ST too- excited to hear if they continue to follow the same road! Go ben!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails