People who think Ben is cool

Followers from Facebook

Search This Blog

You're number:

free web page hit counter

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the Digital Kit "Stella" by Michelle Underwood Designs

Order a Breathe Easy Mask here!

Get diapers sent to your home!

Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code MARG9177
$49 min. total order
buy diapers
shop diapers.comdiapers.com  baby store

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving post

Phew!! We have been so busy but have been having so much fun down here in Carmel with family. Last night, Ryan and I went to our ten year high school reunion. It was so good to see old friends and to get dressed up for the night. We went downtown after to a bar and stayed out way past our bedtime! We realized we can't hang like we did in high school, ha!
We are so enjoying time with family and friends. I can't even begin to count the amount of people that have told us how cute Ben is and how they are praying for him. Thank you!! All prayers are much appreciated for our little man. It's amazing to see how such a little guy has touched so many people. It's also good to know that we are biased in thinking he's adorable and amazing! :)

Without further ado, my Thanksgiving top ten list of things I am thankful for:

10. The internet. May sound dumb but when you are a stay at home mom to a child with a chronic illness you can sometimes feel isolated. I am thankful for my contact with all my CF moms which would not be possible without technology.

9. My freedom. I am thankful I live in a country where I am free. I am also thankful to all who gave their life so I could be free. Thank you.

8. Our play group. It's been so wonderful to meet other moms in our area. They have been a great support system and have made it easy for me to feel comfortable bringing Ben around their kids. Ladies, thank you for all you have done. I love your kids like my own.

7. Homeownership. I am thankful to own my first home. In a time in which many people are losing theirs, I am thankful for mine.


6. Family. My parents are amazing. They do more for Ben then I can begin to list. I am also SO thankful for mine and Ryan's extended family. Aunts and Uncles who really make an effort to spend time with Ben and who love him like he's their own. Aunt Regina, you're at the top of the list.

5. Ryan's job. Ryan's job is steady yet flexible and I am thankful for all that it has provided us especially our new home. It allows Ryan to work from home and even attend some CF clinic appointments which is extremely helpful to me.

4. Great insurance. We are so blessed to have insurance that covers our whole family. CF is an expensive disease and we are lucky to pay the bare minimum.

3. Our CF team. Our team goes above and beyond for myself and Ben. They provide top care for him and are always willing to go the extra mile. They answer pages on weekends and always squeeze us in if needed. We are so thankful to have an amazing team that loves Ben and keeps him healthy.

2. Benjamin! My amazing, strong, handsome, studly son who amazes me every day. He has taught me to take nothing for granted and to be thankful for everyday. I love him more then I thought possible.

1. My husband. We've been through a lot the last 3 1/2 years and I love him more everyday. He works hard for his family and would give Ben and I the world if he could. Together we created an amazing son and I look forward to more.

1 comment:

  1. Ben is cute!! You are in no way biased, he's going to break a lot of hearts :)

    Sounds like you have had an amazing time and what a great list.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails