People who think Ben is cool

Followers from Facebook

Search This Blog

You're number:

free web page hit counter

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the Digital Kit "Stella" by Michelle Underwood Designs

Order a Breathe Easy Mask here!

Get diapers sent to your home!

Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code MARG9177
$49 min. total order
buy diapers
shop diapers.comdiapers.com  baby store

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A blogging funk

Once again, it’s been awhile since I’ve updated. I’m kinda in a blogging funk right now. There’s lots going on, some good, some bad but most I’ve come to feel at peace about.
I’ve always heard horror stories from other CF parents about losing friends or family members after  their child’s diagnosis. Some people are scared by all CF entails, don’t want to get emotionally attached or simply choose to not understand CF.
Up until recently, I’ve been proud to say that not only have we not lost one single friend or family member, but we’ve found that people have come out of the woodwork to embrace Ben and all that he is. But times are changing and that’s no longer a true statement. While it saddens me, I feel comfort in the fact that our CF team stands behind our decisions regarding Ben’s health 100% and in the end, that’s what matters. Like I said before, I have finally come to a place where I am at peace with the fact that I cannot control other peoples choices, heck I don’t even have to understand them. I can only hope and pray that minds are changed and bridges rebuilt.
Now on to the good stuff. Over the past week, Ben has started saying THREE new words!! Hot, bump and car are now apart of Ben’s vocabulary! Ryan and I are so excited about this and are delighted with his progress.
I set down his dinner plate in front of him a couple nights ago and he looked at his food and said, “hot”. Ryan and I were jumping up and down giving him high-fives!
Now that he knows the word car, he’s been hollering it out while we’re driving. Not only can he say the words, he’s using them in the right context.
I feel good about not pursuing speech therapy. As I thought, he only needed some more time to start speaking. I have heard from plenty of mom’s that their little boys didn’t start speaking until they were three and it really made me feel better. We’ll continue to encourage Ben to say new words, even when he shakes his head at us, ha!
I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. We so enjoyed having three days together and even got to go out to a BBQ without Ben yesterday. It was great to see friends and get some “adult talk” in!

6 comments:

  1. Margaux, I love your positive attitude in the this post. Sorry that you are dealing with negative feelings from people. Hang in there. Madeline is also stacking up in the words department- where as before she just wasn't talked. I think Ben and M agree to do things around the same time! Thinking of you all. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with sandy, this post oozes positivity from you and it makes you so inspirational it really does.
    I've been there, losing friends due to a condition they don't or won't understand is difficult but it's their loss tbh. Dust yourself off and carry on without them.

    It can be tiring and makes me feel negative if I have to constantly fight to make people understand what our kids go through just to be able to get out of bed in a morning.

    Some people will never understand or choose not to and that's the real truth.
    Grab your inner strength, two fingers up at them and continue to love that gorgeous boy of yours :)

    Way to go Ben!! The words will probably come thick and fast now especially when he realises the reaction it gets, careful what you wish for as you will soon need ear plugs! ;) :D

    Your mama instinct as always was spot on.
    Take care and have missed your blogs!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your positive outlook continues to amaze me. Keep your head up sister.. you are an inspiration to us all.

    Public opinion, I am sorry to say, will bear a great deal of nonsense. There is scarcely any absurdity so gross, whether in religion, politics, science or manners, which it will not bear.

    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're "still around" even though your blogging has slowed. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your man is officially ready for Cars 2 now :). He's just precious, Margaux!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your funk Margaux... I haven't posted since Ash was born and I need to get my blog back on. And yay for new words! My family is starting to say things here and there about Milo mainly speaking in grunts while I, at his age, was speaking in sentences. I'm not worried, sometimes boys just need a little more time!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails