People who think Ben is cool

Followers from Facebook

Search This Blog

You're number:

free web page hit counter

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using the Digital Kit "Stella" by Michelle Underwood Designs

Order a Breathe Easy Mask here!

Get diapers sent to your home!

Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code MARG9177
$49 min. total order
buy diapers
shop diapers.comdiapers.com  baby store

Friday, November 12, 2010

Treatment time

Treatment time has become routine around here. I wouldn’t go as far to say we love it but it has become easier. I remember other CF moms telling me how everything would start to feel “normal” after awhile. I’ve been feeling that way about treatments.

I don’t dread them like I use to. They seem to fit easier into our schedule. I think it’s because my mind is now programmed to figure them in every morning and night, “If we go out to dinner, should we do treatments before or after? Will Ben be too tired after?”, “We need to be out of the house by ten which means I need to start Ben’s treatments at nine-thirty which means he needs to eat by eight-thirty which means I need to get up now!”

Jamie, did a really great post on the plus side of treatments. It was really great to hear her perspective on things. However, I don’t think I’m there yet. Treatments can be a big pain especially when we’re not at home. They are a pain to pack and travel with. Sometimes we have to cut fun activities short to get them done.

But, lately I’ve been realizing I’m very thankful for them. While I don’t have to love them, I am so thankful their are medicines to help keep Ben healthy as can be. Not too long ago, children with CF weren’t expected to live past the age of 5. Parents were told to take their children home and love them for as long as they had them. Luckily, we aren’t there anymore. Makes me realize how lucky we are for Ben’s CF to have been caught early and for all the drugs available to keep him healthy. Thinking about it, I realize I’ve always been thankful for them, it just to took me awhile to realize it.

Ben 20 months 018

1 comment:

  1. You're such a champ Ben, look at you rockin your treatment time! CF definitely forces us to be more organized, but you're doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails